$6.6 Billion Worth of Shiba Inu Tokens Burned by Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin

Last Updated: 20 May 2021

Shiba Inu is a new ERC20 token project which is making huge gains in the cryptocurrency industry after the hype created by dogecoin. Vitalik Buterin, the co-founder of Ethereum, donated $1 billion dollars in Shiba Inu to the India Covid-relief fund on Wednesday. After a few days of this donation, on Sunday, Mr Buterin decided to burn 410.24 trillion Shiba Inu, worth 6.6 Billion dollars according to the exchange rate.

How did It happen?

Shiba Inu is in the news recently within the cryptocurrency environment. Shiba Inu is in the spotlight because people started referring to it as dogecoin killer after investment in this token made people multi-millionaires overnight. Moreover, the co-founder of Ethereum donated $1 billion worth of Shiba Inu to the India Covid-relief fund.

The worth of Shiba Inu on Monday was $0.00001617. As of now, Shiba Inu is being supplied with over 497 trillion units. The overall valuation of Shiba Inu is $8 billion, and the global trade volume is $3 billion. Now there is a sizable community of Shiba Inu tokens, with a team having the vision to make the currency vibrant in the ecosystem. With this donation to India Covid-Relief, Vitalik Buterin brought Shiba Inu into the spotlight again.

$6.6 Billion Worth of Shiba Inu Tokens Burned by Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin

The burning of 410,24 trillion Shiba Inu tokens by the co-founder Vitalik Buterin sent a message in the transaction hash. According to Buterin, he burned 90% of his Shiba Inu holdings and donated the remaining 10% to Covid-relief, which he said would be useful to save human lives. He also shared his views on the Dogecoin community. He said that he appreciates the fact that dogecoin communities are supporting the donation process. The community showed a lot of heart while donating in several charities to support lives. This shows that these people are focused on making the world a better place rather than just generating profits.

The CEO of Ethereum also donated rather than filling his wallet as he said he doesn’t want to be “a locus of power”.

It is estimated that the token he burned was estimated to be around $6.6 billion.

History of Shiba Inu Investment

With the rise of Shiba Inu tokens, people started referring to it as dogecoin killer. The reason for it was its rising popularity. It made investors millionaires overnight. One of the famous stories associated with Shiba Inu investment is the story of two brothers who invested in this currency around two months ago. From going almost entirely broke to becoming millionaires, this story is incredible as the brothers, along with their family, invested around $7900 in the cryptocurrency and later became the owner of approximately $9 million.

The token was again in the headlines as the CEO of Ethereum donated around $1 billion to India Covid-relief and a few days later burned 90% of his holdings worth around $6.6 billion.

  • Luke Handt

    Luke Handt is a seasoned cryptocurrency investor and advisor with over 7 years of experience in the blockchain and digital asset space. His passion for crypto began while studying computer science and economics at Stanford University in the early 2010s.

    Since 2016, Luke has been an active cryptocurrency trader, strategically investing in major coins as well as up-and-coming altcoins. He is knowledgeable about advanced crypto trading strategies, market analysis, and the nuances of blockchain protocols.

    In addition to managing his own crypto portfolio, Luke shares his expertise with others as a crypto writer and analyst for leading finance publications. He enjoys educating retail traders about digital assets and is a sought-after voice at fintech conferences worldwide.

    When he's not glued to price charts or researching promising new projects, Luke enjoys surfing, travel, and fine wine. He currently resides in Newport Beach, California where he continues to follow crypto markets closely and connect with other industry leaders.

error: Alert: Content is protected !!