We are at a crossroads where
- machine learning is at the heart of a technological and societal artificial intelligence revolution involving multiple sister disciplines, with large implications for the future competitiveness of Europe,
- Europe is not keeping up: most of the top labs, as well as the top places to do a PhD, are located in North America; moreover, AI investments in China and North America are significantly larger than in Europe.
As an important measure to address these points we propose to found a European Lab for Learning & Intelligent Systems (working title; abbreviated as “ELLIS”), involving the very best European academics while working together closely with basic researchers from industry.
- we want the best basic research to be performed in Europe, to enable Europe to shape how machine learning and modern AI change the world, and
- we want to have economic impact and create jobs in Europe, and believe this is achieved by outstanding and free basic research, independent of industry interests.
- Bitmex’s Logo will Be on the Shirts of Soccer Giants AC Milan - August 18, 2021
- Bitcoin’s Value will Reach the Record High - August 16, 2021
- Dogecoin’s Value Doubled Up This Week - August 13, 2021